It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Monday, January 30, 2006

Lieberman at the bat

The outlook wasn't good for the Constitution that day
The score stood 4-4 with one Supreme Court nomination left to play

And when Lieberman died on the floor and Akaka did the same
A pall-like silence fell upon lovers of equality and justice

A struggling few got up to save us from despair
The rest pissed on freedom and equality eternal in the country I love

They thought, "If only we could grow a spine
We'd put up a fight, with a spine and cahones and all that."

But Lieberman's spine, has was Akaka's
the former's was weak while the latter's was meek.

So upon that stricken multitude, grim melancholy sat;
for there seemed but little chance of the Constitution surviving at that.

But John Kerry let drive a plea, to the wonder of all
And Kennedy, the much inflamed, spoke with passion, it's the Constitution afterall

But when the dust had lifted
And Democrats saw what occured
there we were betrayed by a few turds.

Then from a lot of us and more, there rose a lusty yell;
it rumbled through the valley, it rattled in the dell;
it pounded on the mountain and reconciled upon the flat;
for our mighty Constitution was torn in half.

There was ease in Lieberman's manner as he chatted up McCain
there was pride in Joe's bearing a Republican-lite, a disgrace.

And when responding to the jeers, he smugly flipped the bird
no Democrat in the crowd could doubt Lieberman's a turd.

Ten thousand eyes were on him as he soiled himself up the back of his shirt;
Five thousand tongues lashed out at him, "You're lower then dirt!"

Then, while the writhing Republicans trampled the Constitution
defiance flashed in Joe's eye, "I helped," he thought, "what an institution."

And now the Constitution's future hanging in the air
and Lieberman stood-a-watching in ignorant fashion there.

Close by the idiot Senator, the vote was read;
"I might as well be a Pug," said Joe.

"Oh shit!" his constituents said.
From Connecticut, that's a lot of people, there went up a muffled roar
knowing the Constitution will be forgotten by Alito forevermore.

Haha, Idiots" shouted Lieberman from the stand
it's likely somebody woulda killed him, if it weren't against the law of the land.

With a smile of Republican stupidity, Joe's lack of a spine shone
he killed his chance for reelection, voting we bade, must go on.

He signaled to the constituents and once more the bird flew;
but the constituents have had enough and said, "Fuck you!"

"Shit", cried the Republican-lite and echo answered "Shit!"
But one scornful look from Connecticut and Joe was hit.

They saw his face grow stern and cold, they saw his muscles strain,
and they knew Joe would never be a Senator again.

The sneer has fled from Joe's lip, the teeth are clenched in hate
he pounds, with cruel violence his head upon his desk.

And now the Constitution will fall, cause he let go,
and now equality, justice is shattered because of the cloture's blow.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land, the sun is shining bright
The President's band is playing, his brain still light
And somewhere Rove is laughing and Cheney shouts,

But the Constitution is gone
because some turd Dems have struck out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Standing ovation, Dellberto, take a bow!

Tue Jan 31, 12:50:00 AM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

Silly goose!

Tue Jan 31, 12:51:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oop, 12:50 anon was me...clicked wrong button thingy

Tue Jan 31, 12:51:00 AM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Dell, I am sorry I did not get here earlier to say what a great essay. I saw it on the KA blog. I was too busy insisting that we get new open threads with proper titles.

I am finished ranting there...we have an evening thread.

Peace to you and yours.

Thu Feb 02, 07:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger RedStateExile said...

Very nice, Dell! BTW, do you mind if I add your blog to my roll?

Sat Feb 04, 09:08:00 AM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

No, not at all Callie. It'd be an honor!!

Sat Feb 04, 03:31:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home