It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Compare and Contrast

Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes...known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. ... No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.

James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

"Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated."

U.S. President George W. Bush

"It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell."

William Tecumseh Sherman

"He volunteered to go to Vietnam."

Bush campaign chairman Marc Racicot, [2/23/04], on National Public Radio

"No, I didn't."

President Bush, Feb. 8, responding to a question on NBC's "Meet the Press" about whether he volunteered to go to Vietnam

"Warmaking doesn't stop warmaking. If it did, our problems would have stopped millennia ago."

Colman McCarthy

"And we will win the war, and there will be costs. But the military folks understand that, and so do I, and so does the Secretary of Defense."

U.S. President George W. Bush

"Why of course the people don't want war... Naturally... That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Hitler's #2 Man, Hermann Goering

Tomorrow is zero hour

The match beings tomorrow

Al Qaida


The Jersey Girls

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"War. What is it good for?"

Wage PEACE!

Good quote selection, DeLL!

Mon Jan 09, 02:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Dell,

This is a great post...and you dare to ask what to blog. You, dear Sir are doing a fine job.

Yes, Barbi - it is time to Wage Peace!

and...did you guys hear that cheney was in the hospital...the news said he had a foot injury.

LOL!

Tue Jan 10, 01:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger Chuck said...

Hi DeLL!

I like the new look. :)

Love the Racicot-bush contradictions! HA!HA!

Tue Jan 10, 08:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger Chuck said...

Hey! THANKS for the link! I just saw that. I'm moving yours up to my reciprocating section.

Tue Jan 10, 08:34:00 AM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

No problem on the link Chuck. I like your site a lot. Besides the more links I have, the more the truth can be heard!! I did a random web search for war quotes and the first one I found was that one by James Madison. Then the idea came to me, quote smart people then Bush, then finish with the Nazi guy. I hope people who are independents or conservatives come to my blog and go "Wow, he's right."

Tue Jan 10, 02:03:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home