It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sorry

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Everytime I hear of a subject worth voicing up on, I do the research and to be frank I am sick of it. All my research inherently points to the same thing, President Bush is an idiot, the GOP has been bought off by lobbyists and spin from the right that's about has dull as a Taco Bell spork. The only thing the Taco Bell spork is good for is slinging stuff across a room, the only thing GOP spin is good for is well attempting to sling mud to cover their asses. It's truly sickening.

It's perfectly clear to me that not a single Democrat took money directly from lobbyist Jack Abramoff. It's perfectly clear to me that a lot of Republicans did. I'm not going to deny Democrats taking money from "Abramoff related sources" but with his fingerprints all over Washington DC, what isn't an "Abramoff related source?"

What's so hard to understand about illegal wiretapping? A search without a warrant is illegal. We've got a court set up to make the wiretaps we apparently so desperately need, legal. I subscribe to theory of give me liberty or give me death. I do not believe domestic spying is the answer to anything. And don't say what VP Cheney said, "It’s the kind of capability [that], if we’d had before 9/11, might have led us to be able to prevent 9/11." Bullshit, the NSA already had the authority to do wiretapping, but with a warrant. Nothing in pre 9-11 law prevented the observation of terrorists. Right now the only thing being prevented by this law is the 4th Amendment.

Supreme Court nominee Samual Alito should be filibustered. As we stand right now, this rogue administration has been slowly grabbing all the power they can and basically wizzing on the Constitution, we need an active checks and balances system in place. It's obvious to me that with Alito becoming a Justice this vital necessity will without a doubt not exist. Great.

The GOP spin was that the Clinton/Gore administration also did warrantless searches of American citizens, which apparently means that it’s OK. “Al Gore’s hypocrisy knows no bounds,” White House press secretary Scott McClellan. WTF? Unfortunatly FISA didn't cover physical searches at that time. In 1995 Clinton signed and supported the legislation that changed that.

"The president does not know him and does not recall meeting him. It is possible that he could have met him at a holiday reception or some other widely attended event," McClellan said about Abramoff. Funny, I thought Bush has known Abramoff since at least 1997, I mean Bush did write a letter at the behest of Abramoff to reform Mariana Islands education in 1997.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

Ditto to what GiG said.

Hi GiG! Stop over and comment sometime.

As far as the Abramoff/bush connection, look at the picture on Tony's entry here. You can't "not know" someone and travel with them and have them exiting right behind you.

Glad to see you back in action here DeLL! Don't let 'em get you down buddy.

Thu Jan 19, 10:51:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dell, this was a really great post! Rant on!

Oh, yeah...you forgot your socks, again. THWACK, THWACK, 'ere!

Sat Jan 21, 06:39:00 AM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

Daggum socks. Daggum wet socks!! Agh, I have to get back to the ol' "hot tub on the roof" to pick them things up. I suppose they can stand on their own now, if not walk.

Sat Jan 21, 04:05:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home