It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Let's play hide and...

I remember very well, right after 9-11 and finding out that bin Laden was behind the attacks on the World Trade Center actually being happy President bUSH was going to get him. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01 "I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'" - G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI. After reading those quotes, I thought to myself, "Outstanding, I hope we get him!" In a way, I felt excited everytime I put my Army uniform on because I might have been part of history. I felt I could've helped the Afghani people get rid of the Taliban regime, get a taste of freedom and rid the world of crazy leaders like bin Laden.

Now, fast forward a little, "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02 "I am truly not that concerned about him." - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts, 3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02). All right my fervor died down a bit. I thought to myself, "Dipshit, I mean Commander in Chief, you just said..." I hoped my CIC wasn't that stupid, I mean bin Laden did attack us on our own soil, he damn well should be a concern. Now we fast forward some more...

March 19th 2003, we go to war with a country that had nothing to do with the attack on the World Trade Centers, was pretty much a third world nation military and I, still don't believe, posed a viable threat to the United States of America. I know Hussein was a dictator and a bad man, but I also know we directed valuable bin Laden capturing assets to war that needn't be. Hussein and bin Laden had a mutual distrust for each other and hadn't had a working or operational relationship, EVER. bin Laden is a fundamentalist, Hussein was a secularist Muslim. All right I guess bin Laden has taken a backseat to a third world nation. Outstanding. Lets fast forward yet again...

May 1st 2003, "Mission Accomplished." Huh, I guess we doggone went and did what we had to do then, right? According the DoD stats, we've had 2096 total deaths, 1640 KIA and 7233 WIA without returning to action within 72 hours, since May 1st 2003.
source for stats That's not what those numbers tell me. Okay, now where's Osama? That's right, bin Laden is not a priority any longer. Damn, I thought seeing as major combat operations in Iraq had ended we could focus our attention to bin Laden. Boy was I wrong.

Friday Oct 29 2004, bin Laden releases a tape, just in time for the elections here in America. Great timing Usama. That's outstanding, he's still alive, maybe we can divert some Iraq attention to capturing him. That didn't happen. By the way did I mention the great timing of the video's release? Let's fast forward to now because this is starting to get old and repetitive and long and boring...

Jan 28th 2006, bin Laden released yet another tape on January 19th 2006. Wait, that means damn near 5 years after, "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01, bin Laden is still running around the world releasing tapes. I am so very curious has to why this, "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01 went to this, "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02 "I am truly not that concerned about him." - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts, 3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02) in less then a year after the attacks? Oh wait, that's right, we had other business to take care of. Now 2241 American deaths later, we're still in Iraq, bin Laden is still running around making tapes and George W. Bush is still clueless. All the while I'm still wondering, "Where's Osama and why the hell did we go to Iraq when we still had a bigger fish to fry?"

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Dell,

You sure do have a knack for writing!!

Sat Jan 28, 10:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

Thank you, but it's mostly the backspace button hard at work.

Sat Jan 28, 11:34:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh... yeah - the problem is you don't "get it". All of this is a game. bin Laden is the most important asset of the "Commander in Chief". He will never be caught - he keeps all of us titty-babies in america scared of the dark. bin Laden is obviously on the payroll. WAKE UP PEOPLE. WAKE UP.

(and read Orwell while you're at it)

Sun Jan 29, 01:36:00 AM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

Anonymous,

I'm not scared of the dark, let alone some terrorist in a cave. Would it surprise me that bin Laden's on the payroll, not so much. Do I believe it at this point, ummm... no. My tinfoil hat didn't fit the first time I wore it, in fact it gave me a headache, so I decided I'd keep it on the hat rack for now.

Sun Jan 29, 04:05:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post here, DeLLberto, and excellent wrap-up on how screwed up bUSH's priorties are, and what a sham he is.

Tue Jan 31, 01:19:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home