It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Monday, January 23, 2006

Roe V. Wade Aniversary

"You believe, as I do, that every human life has value, that the strong have a duty to protect the weak, and that the self-evident truths of the Declaration of Independence apply to everyone, not just to those considered healthy or wanted or convenient," Bush told the abortion foes.

In pre Roe v. Wade days, an estimated 1.2 million women seeked abortions per year. Out of this 1.2 million aprox. 5000 died per year according to NARAL. During that time most abortions were performed by undertrained staff and doctors, lacking the proper equipment and using primitive methods. We cannot go back to these days. Abortion is something that can be banned worldwide, but women will seek them out and obtain one by any means necessary even if it means risking their own life.

"The self-evident truths of the Declaration of Independence", protect citizens privacy. Roe v. Wade was a case not based on abortion, but rather based on privacy rights. It was based on the roots of privacy protections; protected by the First, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments of the Bill of Rights. Seeing as the ruling was based on privacy, that would setback Dr./patient confidentiality, possibly attorney/client confidentiality and quite possibly make it difficult for women and couples to obtain birth control measures.

I've got questions: If abortion is banned in America, what about those lives that will be lost due to illegal, back alley abortions? What about the infections and maimings of women caused by unregulated abortion clinics and poorly trained doctors and staff? What about women in the states that still have anti-abortion laws on the books, ready to take affect the second Roe v. Wade is overturned? These women will have to travel to great lengths in a lot of cases, spend a lot of money, put their lives on hold and have the abortion performed in later stages of pregnancy, increasing chances of risk and complications. What about the doctors who still choose to perform abortions, albiet illegally so women don't have to use unsafe measures? Good doctors will be prosecuted and jailed.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you dell its gregg from dnc. nice blog, good writing and all from a youngin! there is hope after all.

Mon Jan 23, 06:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

Thank you sir for the kind words. You're darn-tootin' this country of ours has hope.

Mon Jan 23, 06:55:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Hot dany, that downstater should be reading this DeLL,

Darn tootin'...

Mon Jan 23, 07:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

She'll read it, I just darn-tootin' know she will. LOL.

Mon Jan 23, 07:10:00 PM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

I actually wrote (basically) the same thing as this post on a piece of paper sometime last week while on a patrol shift. I was going to post it, but didn't have a reason too until today. I've been trying to write down what I believe about certain issues lately, so I can post them sometime. I'm also so very seriously considering a run for office sometime in my life, so it'd be nice to have something on paper has to what I believe, I suppose.

Mon Jan 23, 07:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger jen said...

excellent post dell!

Mon Jan 23, 07:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger DeLLBerto said...

Thank you Jenny.

Mon Jan 23, 07:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Tag your it.

Mon Jan 23, 09:22:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) Yep, she did.

Very good post, Dell.

Tue Jan 24, 05:53:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home