It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

To Gramps

I wrote this poem for my great grandpa shortly after he died in 1996.

I see him sitting there
the look of joy on his face
the second I step through the door
He's in his usual chair
the one in the kitchen
in the corner, by the window
He gets up to welcome us
Me, Mom and Tonya
and he's grinning
happy as can be
happy he's got company
happy it's me.
I shake his hand
or give him a hug
or just say hello.
He offers us food and drink
We oblige
but not because we're hungry or thirsty
but because we know it makes him so happy
it brings joy to the old man
to bring joy to others
We eat and we drink and we talk
and Gramps is so happy
to share part of his day
with Tonya, Mom and Me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is really good! very touching!

Thu Jan 26, 06:00:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{DeLLberto}}}, that was so nice. I bet he was one heck of a guy.

Fri Jan 27, 06:39:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home