It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How I Met My Wife.

It was a cold and stormy night in November 1998. I was at a friends house relaxing, contemplating what to do that night. The weather was horrible, so I figured I wouldn't be doing anything. Well about midnight I ran out of smokes and decided to venture out to get a pack. On the way to the gas station I remembered a couple of friends were having an underage drinking party and seeing as I fit the underage bill I decided to brave the weather. On the way to the gas station I turned a corner, slid off the road and came within a foot or two of hitting a house... I started to change my mind about driving the 15 miles to the party.

After buying my smokes I decided I'd test the highway, see if it was at least drivable. If not I could always turn around somewhere and head home or back to where I left earlier. The highway's condition sucked! I tried to turn around in a hotel parking lot and slid right by the entryway. I thought well, I've got a few more places to turn around at. By the time I was able to find an entryway somewhat plowed I was already half way to the party. I also slid by it. Next stop Wal-Mart's parking lot to turn around. Well by then I was only 3 miles from the party so I decided screw it I am going there I guess. Long story short, I arrive meet Kerri and the rest they say is history.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that you and Kerri met in spite of, (or because of), a snow storm! I down-shifted on glare ice in the middle of a blizzard in his street hemi, slid into a deep ditch (oy!) -- and he still married me later on that day!

Thu Jan 12, 04:40:00 PM EST  
Blogger dorsano said...

I was in my second year of college when I first met the woman that would become my wife a couple of years later. She was my French teacher.

Most people that know me figure that's how I managed to graduate.

Fri Jan 13, 02:33:00 AM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Dell,

That was a nice story...see it was destiny!

Mon Jan 16, 12:06:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home