It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ass Wipe

"It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" President Bush referring to US Constitution sometime in November. He is correct the Constitution is written on paper, in hundreds of textbooks, posters and web sites. It's a piece of paper that I raised my right hand and swore to defend in 1996. It's a piece of paper that countless others raised their right hands and swore to defend. It's a piece of paper that thousands of people have died defending. It's a piece of paper that lays out the very foundation of what the United States of America is, will be and stands for. Yet the very man elected to by Americans who also raised his right hand and swore to defend the Constitution calls it a "goddamned piece of paper." I've got a few questions I wish I could pose to the President:

If it's true that the Constitution is just a "goddamned piece of paper", would you be willing to back up your words and wipe your ass with it? You see Mr. President, toilet paper and goddamned paper I believe are of the same breed. As when one uses a public restroom only to find out there isn't any toilet paper and exclaims, "No goddamned paper!!" (I've had it happen and that's what I said.)

You say you support the troops. During the swearing in ceremony should the troops really pledge to protect a "goddamned piece of paper?" I mean they could swear to protect a lot of things that are American, like our rights.. wait, that's the Constitution, let me strike that question and go to this one, Mr. President if the Constitution is just a "goddamned piece of paper" to you, will you please step aside and allow somebody with respect for the Constitution and the rights it holds take your place in the Oval Office? The paper used to do this wouldn't be a "goddamned piece of paper" to me, that resignation paper would be like finding toilet paper in a public restroom, without the embarrasment of hopping one stall over in hopes of finding some.

3 Comments:

Blogger DeLLBerto said...

Ahh I can't log in to kickin' ass, I've even changed names twice now!! What the crap is going on??

Sun Dec 18, 11:17:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Hi Brian,

Just stopping by to wish you a merry and festive holiday!

May you have Peace!

Sat Dec 24, 07:03:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry, thank you for what you did in the Korean era!! It's sad how veterans of that era are almost forgotten. I for one will never forget. Ever. Your sacrifices that you made in that era were appreciated then and they still are by a lot of Americans. Once again, thanks for your service!

Brian aka DeLLBerto

Fri Dec 30, 10:24:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home