It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Patriot Act

Today (yesterday I guess, haven't been to bed yet), Senators concerned with American's rights successfully blocked the renewal of the Patriot Act. As exciting news as this is, I wonder how long the President and his band of thugs will take to get it passed? I wonder what extreme measures the Republican leadership is willing to attempt to get the Patriot Act renewed? Will they play the "unpatriotic" card? Will they play the "fight them over there, not here" card or will they drop the big ace in the hole and declare a terror code red, then say, "See, because of the Patriot Act, we've intercepted communication that terrorists are planning to attack somewhere in the continent. We don't exactly know where, but we'll shut down bridges just to be safe." It'll be interesting to see the gameplan come out and be played and even more interesting to see if Americans bite hook, line and sinker. Anybody who gives up civil liberties for security, probably shouldn't have civil liberties. I take that back, they shouldn't have civil liberties.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Thank you Brian, for saying that!

Yes, I too believe Civil Liberties are more important than FALSE security posed by the president.

Sat Dec 17, 09:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

DELL, Come to 39N

Sun Dec 18, 12:00:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home