It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Monday, August 15, 2005

Yet More Fishing

I am beginning to believe that I have problem. Every oppurtunity I get I hit the water to fly fish. Everytime I hit the water I enjoy myself immensely, even if I get skunked. I do not know if this is a normal reaction to wonders and joys of fly fishing but it is my reaction. I won't be able to fish tonight and knowing this is hurting my poor insides. I think I've an addiction of the worst (best) sort. It's an addiction that I don't want to leave my body. It's an addiction I want my wife to get so she can see and feel the same joy and mysteries that I am. I have a feeling both my girls will get it just as soon as I teach them how to fly fish. They enjoy fishing the "old barbaric" way using worms and big hooks to catch fish. That's fine by me that they enjoy that, but I will teach them a better way. It's very challenging to present a fly perfectly, to make a fish take it. You have to make it move and realisticly and that's the challenge as I am not an emotologist, in fact far from it as I dislike most bugs. It's also challenging to cast the fly into the water, especially with them dog gone tag elders and various other plants waiting to wave a leaf out to grab you fly out of mid air, leaving you to wonder, "Why did I do that?" As you're removing the fly from the leaf, you notice a decent size fish jump in the area you were going to cast, the excitement hits and BAM! that same leaf that reached just 15 seconds before does it yet again, leaving you to ponder you own intelligence for a moment, until you realize you are addicted to the great fighting nature and intelligence of the trout and you know that you're not the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home