It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from Fort McCoy, Wisconsin. We just got out of the field, where I got 4 hours of sleep for the entire 36 hour excercise. My body hates me right now for that. Go figure. The training was actually very good other then the temperature. It was freezing!!! We learned how to do things we could do in Iraq like secure and defend entry control points to bases and react to mortar attacks. They hired civilians to play Iraqi citizens, some of them being former Iraqi citizens, which helped out a lot. It added realism to the experience. They pretended to not know english, protested our presence in "Iraq:" and of course attacked us. All and all it was a great experience.. sleep or no sleep. Everything here has being as well as it can be, being away from home and all. That is the worst part, but the people around here are supportive and help you through tough times, as does prayer and the Lord. We have a pretty good group of people, we all work as a team and put the welfare of everybody before our own. I think the deployment over to the sandbox will be okay. Well I am going to get going now. Thanks for reading!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home