It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Friday, March 24, 2006

Giving Up or Facing Reality?

I don't believe in giving up. I don't give up on things very easily but sometimes I realize it just isn't worth fighting for anymore. Dreams and hopes mostly stay the same, sometimes they change maybe get bigger, maybe get smaller, sometimes you add some, but rarely to people take them and quit on them, deep down they are still there almost kind of haunting you and eating at you saying, "Just fucking do it, damn it!"

What if reality shuts the door on what you want? What do you do? Do you "modify" your dreams, hopes and aspirations? Do you shove them aside? What does one do, when reality doesn't agree? What kind of detours in the route do you take? Any of them? All of them? Some of them?

I just swallowed a big pill of reality and as much as I didn't like it, I'm choking it down. I realize I am still young and more doors will open for me but sometimes the route somebody wants isn't the route that reality's paved. Although I'm not going to give up, I'm going to take the route of reality for awhile.. I know along this route answers will appear, like street signs telling me where to turn but now I've gotta be willing to turn down streets I didn't want to go down before.

I've gotta change the coordinates on my map, to end up somewhere else, instead of where I wanted to end up. My map is stubborn and doesn't want to change but I think it knows now. Let go of the old route, try a new route, take the roads refused in the past and who knows where you'll end up? It's time. It really is time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home