It's Me!!

I'm going to try and make this blog nonpolitical, the best I can. I am interested in many more things other then politics and this is where I'll include that stuff. I am going to make this blog the place to catch up on how the family and I are doing and what's on my mind other then politics. It's gonna be hard, so don't be surprised if I rant from time to time. Oh and my creations are mine, if you wanna copy them get permission. Copyright belongs to me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

I am a dad and husband. I take those two things seriously... everything else, well??

Monday, September 20, 2004

Monday, Monday

Well, the Packers lost yesterday, that was a bit of a downer. So much for an undefeated season, hey! That's all right, they'll play better next week. CBS apologized for using fake documents concerning Pres. Bush's Guard service. That was good, but where's the outrage? I can only imagine the press had it been Fox News with fake documents concering Sen. Kerry. I do believe they would go crazy with this. Oh well, that's politics for you. I surfed the net today, looking for info on Sen. Kerry's actions after Vietnam. Depending on what side of the fence you were on, you either got qoutes and actions or nothing at all. It also seemed to me that a lot of Veterans' groups are very anti-Kerry. A good website that I found was www.wintersoldier.com and also www.25thaviation.com, both using facts concerning Kerry's actions. Both seem very anti-Kerry though. You can go to www.pbs.org to find a transcript of his 1971 speech under greatest speeches, I think, if you want something that's not partisan. Honestly partisan politics is getting to me though. Vietnam is a really stupid issue to be stuck on. I need substance, from both candidates.

2 Comments:

Blogger terrette said...

Good point. When will we stop chewing over the details of Vietnam? This nation has 43 million people without health care, to name just one issue of far greater importance.

As for the conclusion that "that's politics for you," I agree entirely. Only, we don't know yet whose politics was behind this. If the document was planted by Karl Rove, then it was Rebuplican politics bent on destroying the messenger when the message (Bush's "service") was known by all to have been indefensibly awful. One thing is for sure: Rather was, again, an incompetent jerk. This time, the issue was not a great, since it concerned one document out of a hundred or so authenticated documents that compromise the president; his incompetence was far more grave when he passed on distortions from the White House about mushroom clouds and imminent threats from Iraq and helped to push our nation into a costly and unjust war.

In any case, that's how I see it.

Tue Sep 21, 10:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger terrette said...

LTH, I finally wrote up my reading of the passage in Exodus to which you alluded in a recent remark. I would be delighted if you'd take a moment (or two!) to read it.

Tue Sep 21, 01:56:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home